Come [legally] hack with us the data on the largest exchange that’s running our world. Not NASDAQ; the one with way more events - the Global Ads Exchanges, where millions of ads are born and clicked every second.
Step behind the curtain of algorithms and competitors that move $1T of annual budgets. Plunge into a world of ISP-volumes of traffic, sub-second predictions and TBs of live, real-world data. Use cutting-edge analysis, ML and engineering or just plain hacker-like thinking to out-perform the market.
Arpeely is a Data-Science startup, leveraging data analysis, ML, engineering, multi-disciplinary thinking to gain a market edge and exploit hidden opportunities in real-time advertising. Processing over 0.5m requests per second and serving over 20B sub-second predictions daily, we build and operate Machine Learning algorithms running on the world’s largest Real-time-bidding (RTB) Ad-Exchanges. Arpeely is a Google AdX vendor and serves clients spanning from startups to Fortune-50 companies.
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to oversee the roadmap, design, development of our bidding engines, ML and data pipelines, internal tools and our vast, real-time, high-load environment. This is an amazing opportunity to lead and ֵscale up our multi-disciplinary A-team while working in a fast-paced, data-oriented environment.
If you are experienced but still hungry to learn and impact - we’d love to have you on our team!
What You’ll Do:
- Become an all-round player through our vast data and prediction systems touching cloud infrastructure, clusters, data pipelines and high-performance RTB bidders and ML prediction infrastructure.
- Assume complete ownership and responsibility of the architecture, roadmap, execution, delivery and functionality of our internal processes, data pipelines and high load production environment.
- Manage a multidisciplinary group of backend, FS and frontend developers while solving complex data and engineering problems
- Scale the team from identifying needed positions, building the recruiting and onboarding pipeline to leading new recruits to success
- Assign roles, prioritize tasks, define positions and responsibilities for R&D processes through ideation, deployment and monitoring
- Focus on delivery, quality, engineering excellence, career developments, technology selection, product architecture and robustness
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years in R&D roles and 3+ years of as a Director, Team Lead or Senior manager
- Experience managing infrastructure teams, including Data Platforms, DevOps, and Application Infrastructure.
- Proven ability to lead experienced software engineers, mentor and push them toward high-quality delivery and self-fulfillment, as well as experience in leading & mentoring managers.
- Experience managing and overseeing development and large volume, cloud native, production environments and data pipelines
- Experience in agile development leveraging CI/CD with maximum automation from development to production.
- Experience with our stack or equiv: Python, Go, K8s, TensorFlow, GCP, BigQuery
- Team player with strong leadership abilities who is passionate about mentoring and empowering people.
- Bsc or equiv qualifications are expected. An MSC or PhD degree would be advantages.
- Obsessed with data; analytical and rigorous, with a good understanding of statistics and machine learning.
Work from our [newly renovated] offices in Tel Aviv, Midtown Commerce Tower